CAIP TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE – Outside Province/Canada
“Don’t Leave Canada Without It”
Schedule of Benefits
Medical Reimbursement Expense Benefit: $1,000,000
Emergency Dental Treatment Benefit: $3,000
Evacuation Benefit: $50,000
Repatriation Benefit: $25,000
Family Transportation & Accommodation
Highlights of CAIP Travel Medical Insurance
- The CAIP travel medical insurance is specifically designed for Canadian athletes and covers Canadian athletes while they are training and participating in their respective sport
- The CAIP travel medical insurance is 24 hours a day insurance protection for emergency medical and hospital care as a result of an injury or sickness
- The CAIP travel insurance is not limited to pre approved trips. We cover the CAIP members as long as they are members in good standing of a sport organization
- Available to all Canadian athletes regardless of what sport they undertake or at what level they compete.
- Insurance coverage is automatic
- There are no application forms
- There are no exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions.
- The CAIP travel insurance can be purchased on its own either through a sport organization or by an individual
- When combined with the In Canada insurance, we continue to cover the athletes In Canada following an accident that occurred outside Canada
- Includes a travel assistance program, which provides international assistance to CAIP members when traveling.
- We have 35 years experience providing this very important insurance protection to Canadian Athletes.
We provide 3 options to purchase travel medical insurance:
Per Trip – The sport body or the individual CAIP member has to inform us before the trip of the dates of travel.
Individual Annual Plans (IAP):
- There are three options for IAP’s, 30, 60 or 90 consecutive day plans
- The CAIP member can travel multiple times during the year as long as anyone trip does not exceed 30, 60 or 90 consecutive days.
- In the event of an extended stay outside Canada that exceeds 30, 60 or 90 consecutive days, an insured person can purchase “Top-Up” insurance to cover the complete duration of the trip.
- The member does not have to inform us each time they travel, unless they require Top-up insurance.
Group Annual Plan (GAP) :
- The GAP is advantageous to those sport organizations that have a frequency of travel and want to ensure that all members are properly covered when travelling outside Canada / province
- The GAP is issued to the sport body for their members
- The organization does not have to inform us each time their member travels.
- There is no limit to the number of trips that a member can take during the policy term.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN TRAVELLING:
All CAIP members who are enrolled for travel medical insurance should carry the following Emergency Travel Assistance card with them when traveling. In the event of an emergency, the CAIP member should call one of the emergency numbers shown on the card. This service is available to the CAIP members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Some general information:
- Please refer to the “Premiums/Rates” section of the web site for the cost of this insurance
- This important insurance can be purchased either through and Organization or an Individual. Please refer to the “Enrollment” section of the web site for further details
- The CAIP travel medical insurance policy can be viewed in the “Policies/Forms” section of the web site.